Every person who repairs or assemble electronic components must know how to solder. A solder is a mixture of tin lead also classified as an alloy. This mixture is softened by applying heat ( around 200C) by using a hot soldering iron. This skill is a must if you need to fix broken components or assemble a new circuit board. Soldering is a delicate process since heat and toxic metals are used, be guided by the following safety tips:
* Put the soldering tip at a safe distance from your skin or your clothing. Since it’s very hot, it can definitely cause a serious burn on your skin plus excruciating pain.
* Always exert extra care when touching the main flex with the iron tip. The high heat present on the tip can melt the plastic as well burn the user himself.
*Always place the iron on its stand when not in use.Practicing this habit can do a lot to minimize accidents.
* Soldering should be done on a well-ventilated area. This protects you from inhaling the fumes from the toxic metals like lead.
*Remove any dirt or material by hand-washing after soldering.
At this time, you are ready to perform soldering on electronic components. This basic electronics guide emphasizes the need to know each and every electronic component that you would be using. Soldering wrong parts can be very costly and even cause damage to other components in the board. Most basic electronics guide provide basic charts of electronic components that can guide users. Provided in here is the proper procdure for soldering electronic components:
The basic electronics guide and procedure for soldering components
1. Gather all the components and stick them to a sheet of paper with a tape.
2. Determine the name and value of each components and write beside it.
3. Write the code (R1, R2, C1 etc.) if you think this would help.
Many projects from books and magazines label the components with codes (R1, R2, C1, D1 etc.) and you can utilize the project’s parts list to find these codes if they are indicated.
4.Resistor values can be recognized using the resistor colour code. There are resistor calculators that are available online.
5. Capacitor values are quite challenging because there are many types with different labelling systems.
As long as you follow our basic electronics guide, you would always be safe and end up with a good solder.